OCTF call for abstracts
The Oxford Centre for Tropical Forests (OCTF) will host an international conference to provide a multidisciplinary examination of the effects of climate change and deforestation on the fate of African tropical forests in the 21st century.
On behalf of the Conference Steering Committee, please find attached a Call for Papers and Posters for the upcoming conference Climate Change, Deforestation and the Future of African Rainforests. The link for more information and to submit your abstract is available here: http://www.eci.ox.ac.uk/africa/index.php
We encourage papers which explore the following issues:
- What are the potential scenarios of climate change and land use change for African forest regions?
- What do we know about the sensitivity of African forests and their communities to these changes, and what consequences will these changes have for the future of the region?
- How can this knowledge influence policy decisions on development and climate change adaptation?
- What are the gaps in our knowledge and priorities for research?
At a time of increased global interest in the future of tropical forests, we intend this to be a key international event that synthesises existing knowledge and fosters creative thinking and collaboration on the future of this important region.
A detailed list of the topics to be covered by the abstracts are provided here : http://www.eci.ox.ac.uk/africa/programme.php
Please indicate which session you are proposing your abstract for in your application.
Contributions should be in one of two forms:
- Short abstracts (up to 1000 words) for oral presentation at the conference;
- Posters for display during the conference and at a dedicated poster session.
Abstracts should be submitted by 30 September 2011. The abstract will be peer reviewed and decision will be sent by the end of October. The Conference will be held 4-6th January, 2012 at Oriel College, Oxford University.